You are here:  PAGenWeb > MifflinCemeteries > St. Mark's Episcopal Cemetery

 

Mifflin County Genealogy Project

 

St. Mark's Episcopal Cemetery

 

Old Section

St. Mark's Episcopal Cemetery

Green Ave., Lewistown, PA 17044

 

Information from The Cemeteries of Mifflin County, MCHS

 

First interment was in 1844, the original section lies between Green Ave. and Kishacoquillas Creek and is shown in this photo, looking west toward Lewistown. The entire cemetery comprises over 28 acres, in two tracts, the last acquired in 1913. This oldest section contains the memorial to Dr. John Purdy Reynolds, one of three Mifflin Countians to die at the Alamo in 1836. The others are William Cummings and William McDowell. This monument was erected by Reynolds' family in the 1880s. Another grave of interest located in St. Mark's is that of William H. Rankin, one of Mifflin County's four recipients of the Medal of Honor. The other three include: John Lilley and John Andrew Davidsizer, both interred in Lewistown's First Methodist Cemetery, and James Parker Landis, interred in the Holy Communion Lutheran Cemetery, Yeagertown, PA.

 

Cemetery Views 1, 2  Contributor: Ed Bratton

 

Reynolds Monument

 

Reynolds Monument 2

 

Rep. Joseph Henderson

 


 

New Section

St Marks Episcopal Church
21 South Main Street, Lewistown, PA 17044
(717) 248-8327

 

Cemetery View 1

 

Cemetery Views 1, 2  Contributor: Ed Bratton

 

Mifflin County PAGenWeb

 

       

 

Josie Baughman, Mifflin PAGenWeb County Coordinator

 

Copyright 2004-2016, Individual file contributors. All rights reserved.