Fair Hope is a small railroad station on
the Baltimore and Ohio. The village was laid out at the close of the late war (1891), and
received it's name from the fact that the citizens had then a speedy prospect of a railroad
through the place. The township was formed from Allegheny, Northamton and Southampton townships.
The village has not improved much during the last 15 years. But with the development of
minerals in this place, it yet may attain some importance.
The North Savage Firebrick Works of Welsh, Palmer & Maxwell, are located
near Fair Hope. The works were started by Pittsburgh capitalists in 1881. They manufacture
a superior quality of red brick and are doing a good business.