STUMP CEMETERY

 

THIS CEMETERY IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY

500 FT. WEST OF THE FAIRVIEW ONE ROOM SCHOOL

WHICH IS NOW THE LEO McCLEMONS RESIDENCE. IT

IS ACCESSIBLE BY A STRIP MINE ROAD & IS IN A

CLUMP OF TREES ABOUT 50 FEET SOUTH OF THIS

ROAD. IT CONTAINS A 12" X 24" BRONZE PLAQUE

WITH A LIST OF NAMES.

SURNAME

GIVEN NAME

BIRTH/DEATH

COMMENTS

STUMP

JOHN

1759 TO 1833

REV. WAR VET.

 

DOROTHEA

1761 TO 1833

W/o JOHN, SR.

 

JOHN, Jr.

1790 TO 1855

 

 

PRISCILLA(SPECHT)

1794 TO 1883

W/o JOHN, Jr.

 

GEORGE

No Dates

S/o John, Sr.

 

JACOB

No Dates

S/o John, Sr.

 

MARGARET

No Dates

No other info

 

DOLLY, d/o J.& D.

No Dates

W/o Jacob Helman

 

MARTHA,d/o J & D

No Dates

W/o George Cring

 

CATHERINE, d/o J. & D.

No Dates

W/o Henry Shunk

 

CHRISTINA, d/o J. & D.

1799 to 1850

W/o John Henry Manges

 

DAVID

1825 to 1892

S/o John & Priscilla

 

JOSIAH

1829 to 1902

S/o John & Priscilla

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THERE ARE 8 OR 9 GRAVES BUT ONLY TWO

ARE INSCRIBED. IT IS UNCLEAR WHETHER

OR NOT ALL OF THESE PERSONS ARE

BURIED HERE ALTHOUGH THEIR NAMES

ARE ON THE BRONZE PLAQUE. THEREFORE

THERE MAY BE ERRORS IN THE ABOVE

INFORMATION. RECORDED IN 1999 BY DARYL

REED & LEROY BALDWIN