Simpson Burial Ground


Situated on the Charles Ash farm,Jenner Twp., about 1 mile east of Acosta, known in the neighborhood as "the cemetery with the bell" which was cast by a Fulton in Pittsburgh in 1848 and erected by Abraham Simpson.The bell was tolled funerals.

 

6 BYERS Mary d. 2-20-1847 ag. 66-5-11  
7 BYERS Jacob d. 2-18-1847 ag.72-9-6  
8 KORNS Catherine consort of Alexander  d.2-19-1850 ag. 23  
9 SHAFFER Michael d. 6-11-1864 ag. 22-5-11 G.A.R.
1 SIMPSON Samuel A. d. 8-26-1867 ag. 31-2-28 G.A.R.
2 SIMPSON Catherine d. 3-20-1847 ag.71-7-8  
3 SIMPSON David d. 3-26-1847 ag. 75  
4 SIMPSON Magdalena b. 3-3-1804 d. 1-27-1844  
5 SIMPSON Abraham d. 5-20-1861 ag. 68-9-11  

Total 16 graves--- children & not inscribed graves omitted.


Transcribed from WPA records by Barbara Hartley-Sedillos.

Back to Jenner pages

Back to Somerset County Pages

Updated on: 4/19/2000.