|Carolyn K. Shearer
I am looking for the maiden name of Mary, wife of Abraham Flory, Jr. who was born c.1764 in Lancaster County, PA, son of Abraham Flory, Sr. and Catherine Blocher.
Abraham Jr and Mary were probably married in either Franklin or Somerset County about 1793.
Notes on Abraham Flory, Jr.
- 1791, -2, -3 -taxed as single freeman, Washington Twp, Franklin Co, PA (with his father)
- 1793 - taxed as a single, freeman, Elk Lick Twp, Somerset Co, PA
- 14 Mar 1796 - Somerset Co, PA, inventory filed. His father, Abraham Sr, was one of the executors.
- There is a record of an Orphan Court proceeding in 1796, in the index of same, but the papers are missing at the court house according to the clerk.
- There were 3 sons, Joseph b.1794; Abraham b.1795; and Jonas b.1796.
Joseph and Abraham (III) moved to Ohio and Jonas moved to Iowa.
- Mary was still in Somerset County in 1800, but don't know what happed to her after that.
- A couple of sites on the internet list Mary's maiden name as Garver/Garber, but none list any documentation.
- Other sites list her name as Miller, again with no sources.