By Pauline Blubaugh, Berlin, PA
This farm is located in Brothersvalley Twp., just off Rt. 219 south of Berlin.
This barn, erected prior to 1850 on the farm, then owned by Francis Hay (Part of the Cober Tract) remained in the direct line of Cober until 1962.
The farm was purchased from the Hay family by James Albert Cober, then deeded to their daughter, Edith, and her husband Wyndom Llewellyn, who farmed and caerd for the property. The last farmer/owners were their daughter Dorthy, and her husband, William Griffith.
Griffiths left the farm in 1962, and the new owners used the barn for storage. Ownership was again transferred, and the present owner, Robert Croner is currently repairing and restoring the structure.
Return to the top of this page
This county is part of the USGenWeb Project, a non-profit genealogical resource web system.
Last Revised: June 23, 2000