By Pauline Blubaugh, Berlin, PA
Mail Pouch barn. This barn, located along Rt 219 between Salisbury, Pa and Grantsville, Md, is on the property of William and Linda Oester.
The barn was erected about 1910 by John Lichty on acerage deeded to him and his wife by her parents. The Oester family purchased the property in 1978. William and Linda moved there in 1986.
The sign and barn side was last painted in 1989 by Harley Warrich for the tobacco company, one of many he painted.
Return to the top of this page
This county is part of the USGenWeb Project, a non-profit genealogical resource web system.
Last Revised: June 23, 2000