This is a photo of the old St. Nicholas Union Church
as it appeared on the cover of the booklet
celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Church, June 26, 1949.
This Church was built in 1874
and was located on the Northeast Corner of Route 54 and what is now the St. Nicholas Bridge.
(This was before the St. Nicholas Breaker and railroad yard were built).
This Church was destroyed by fired on November 10, 1922.
Today, the St. Nicholas Union Church is located on
the Northwest Corner of Route 54 and
the St. Nicholas Bridge, Mahanoy Township, Pa.
Contributed by Shirley E. Ryan