CHURCHES BETWEEN THE MOUNTAINS
A HISTORY OF THE
LUTHERAN CONGREGATIONS IN
PERRY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
REV. D. H. FOCHT, A.M.
PREACHING STATION IN CONNECTION
WITH PETERSBURG CHARGE.
Home | Back
In Carroll Township, about five miles
southeast of Bloomfield, at Green Bank or Lackey's School-house, Rev. W. H.
Diven has been preaching occasionally, in the evening, since 1860. The
members here belonged, some to Bloomfield, some to Mount Pisgah, and a few to
Mount Zion in Fishing Creek Valley. About thirty members of the Lutheran
Church attend preaching at Green Bank School-house. On the 22d of June,
1862, the following brethren were elected and installed as the first officers of
John Sweger, James McCord: Elders.
Joseph Bender, Christian Fenicle: Deacons.
A church-edifice is now much needed here. The prospects for gathering a
good congregation are encouraging. It is proposed to unite this station
with the Bloomfield charge after the 1st of September, '62, and arrangements to
that effect have been made. This will give the members day-preaching
once every three weeks. May the good cause prosper and the Lord be
"From all who dwell below the
Let the Creator's praise arise;
Let the Redeemer's name be sung,
Through ev'ry land, by ev'ry tongue."
Home | Back