ACADEMIES & PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS
The following information was extracted from
the book, History of Perry County Pennsylvania; H. H. Hain; Hain-Moore Co.;
Harrisburg, Pa.; 1922. Chapter XVIII.
In 1860 Prof. Bartlett opened the Susquehanna Institute in the basement of the
United Presbyterian church at Duncannon, being the first principal. It was
continued for a short time by Rev. William B. Craig, the Presbyterian pastor.