A Pictorial History of Mifflin County

Pages 6-10

The Pennsylvania Canal- Top view shows the locks at Lewistown.  
On left side is old lock house built in the Lewistown Narrows in 1830. Right side bottom is another picture of the lock house taken by Kepler Studios in the 1930's.


Old Lewistown Academy, shown prior to 1872 when it was completely renovated.


The Academy in 1872, after it was given a complete face lifting. 
It was to serve the local public for almost another quarter-century.


The Academy, located at 17 E. 3rd St., is shown here in the late 1890's, 
shortly before its abandonment and eventual sale.


Civil War Veterans parade on East Third Stree. Note the dirt roadway. The photo was taken from in front of the Municipal Building.



Mifflin County PAGenWeb


Josie Baughman, Mifflin PAGenWeb County Coordinator

Copyright 2008, Individual file contributors.  All rights reserved.

This page was last updated 04/28/2008