You are here: PAGenWeb > Mifflin > Photos > Wayne United Methodist Church
Mifflin County Genealogy Project
Wayne United Methodist Church Congregation
Information on this page contributed by Ben Sunderland
Digital photos courtesy of Marty Schettler
Please help to identify the folks in the full photo below.
Send information and comments to Ben or the Mifflin County Coordinator.
|GEORGE STINE||JACOB STINE||HANNAH C. SHADE-STINE||SAMUEL B.STINE||HANNAH MARIA
|BESSIE W. BOWERSOX|
|JOHN C. COULTER & CLARA ELLEN SUNDERLAND- COULTER||BECKY STINE||BERTHA EUCIBIAS STINE||EDWARD P. STINE||MARGARET ELSIE SUNDERLAND- STINE||EDMUND J. BOWERSOX|
|UNKNOWN COULTER?||EFFIE FORGY||BECKY FORGY||MARY FORGY||ROBERT LAWRENCE SUNDERLAND|
The Wayne Church was organized as the Wayne Church of the United
Brethren in Christ (UB) in 1844 and the brick church building was dedicated
on 1 January 1845. Announcement of that dedication appears in The Village
Herald, McVeytown, Saturday 28 December 1844.
There was a split in that denomination about 1889, at which time
Wayne became part of the United Brethren in Christ (New Constitution).
In 1946 that denomination merged with the Evangelical Church,
and Wayne Church became known as the Wayne Evangelical United Brethren Church (EUB).
In 1968, the EUB Church merged with the Methodist
Church to become the United Methodist Church. So the congregation is
currently known as the Wayne United Methodist Church.
Wayne Cemetery Page
Mifflin County PAGenWeb
Josie Baughman, Mifflin PAGenWeb County Coordinator
Copyright 2004-2008, Individual file contributors. All rights reserved.