CERES NEWS NOTES
Paragraphs Jotted Down With
a Lead Pencil
Ceres News Clipping
Ceres News Sometime in 1917 a newspaper printed a copy of the song "America" by Smith & Carey. Someone in our family clipped it out and saved it and it was passed down to the care of my brother. On the backside, We discovered a column of news about Ceres (PA. or NY - your choice). It contains several surnames, and relationship information so we pass it on in hopes it might provide the clue someone may need to find that elusive connection. Jackie Evens Allen & Larwence Evens
- CERES, July 10 .- Floyd Maxon is moving his family to Rock City where he will work
- J. D. Stillman was up at Bolivar Saturday. H. B. Edgett had business in Olean yesterday.
- Verne Morris has gone to Shortsville for a visit.
- D. E. Brock has returned to Pavillion after a visit here
- F. H. Raymond was a business visitor in Shinglehouse Friday.
- Mr. and Mrs G. I. Case autoed down to Olean Friday afternoon.
- John Crooks was in town from Little Genesee on business yesterday.
- Charles Peabody of Wellsville was getting friends in town Saturday.
- George Harmon of Smethport spent Sunday with relatives in this place.
- Mrs. Ross Robards and Miss Isabell Robarts were Olean visitors Friday.
- Miss Lois Jackson of Olean is a guest of her friend, Miss Rowena Raymond.
- Mrs J.D. Stillman spent Sunday as a guest of Mrs Olive Wood of Myrtle
- Mrs G.W. Cornelison of Shinglehouse was a guest of relatives Wednesday.
- Mrs Leon Persing and daughters spent the week end with her mother in Olean.
- Mrs. Ella Slocum and daughter of Franklinville are guests of her sister, Mrs. J.M. Leach.
- Bert Stillmans is here from Eldred for a visit with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Stillman.
- Miss Isabell Churchill of Springville is a guest at the house of her aunt, Mrs. J.J. Robarts.
- Mrs. Emma Learn and children of Olean spent Sunday with her sister, Mrs. Len T. White.
- Mrs. and Mrs. James Layton of Smethport were visiting friends in town the past week.
- Mrs. Jay Blauvelt and children of Shinglehouse were guests of friends in this village Friday.
- Mrs. Charles Austin of Saginaw Mich., is visiting relatives and friends in this place and Bolivar.
- Mrs. and Mrs. Mark White left today for Marcus Hook, Pa., where he will work for the Texas Oil Co.
- Gordon Smith of Eldred who bought the old Rounds homestead below town has moved his family there.
- Mrs. Nelson Hackett and daughter left Thursday for Mt. Morris where Mr. Hackett is located.
- Otto Main of Bolivar has both the tools in the blacksmith shop of White brothers and has take possession.
- Mrs. Emory Ketchum has been spending a few days with her daughter, Mrs. B.M. Barnett of Hornell.
- The work of removing the covering off the rock base on the state highway in Genesee Township has been begun, so as to be ready for the slag and tar for the top dressing.
Marriage Notices The "---" in the notices are the result of the fact that the person that did the clipping of the paper was interested only in the song on the other side, and clipped thru part of the text in the marriage notices.
- Fred Leroy Bundy and Elma H. Snyder of of Keating Summit.
- Byron Outman of Harrison, V--- Nora Jeffers of Mills.
- Harland P. Hamilton of Bingham--- Lora Bartoo of Harrison Valley.
- Lee Joseph Wingert and Edith Elizabeth Dougherty, both of Cross For----.
- G. Herbert Reynolds of Whitesville, N.Y. and Pearl H. Miller of Ulyses.
- Fred M. Jones and Bessie Gee, ---- of Walton.