Ogden Township was a temporary township created from Sergeant Township in August 1812. This was one of five townships formed at this time, details of which are given in connection with Walker Township.
It was laid out about eleven miles east and west and ten miles north and south, being the west end of Sergeant Township and included what is now the southern half of Hamilton Township and the western fourth of Sergeant.
In 1817, on account of this township having no inhabitants, it was annexed to Sergeant Township again, until such time as it should be otherwise legally organized, apparently it was never organized as it seems to have lost its identity as a separate township at this time and was never heard of again. This action was approved at the May 1817 session of the Lycoming County Court, but is recorded at Smethport.
Ogden Township was one of the five townships formed at this time, details of which are given in connection with Walker Township.
More details regarding the forming of this township may be found in connection with Walker Township. These five townships were not in existence for any length of time, and some had no inhabitants. Additionally, they were formed very early in the County's existence. Therefore, if any researcher comes across mention of an ancestor in these areas they would be better served by checking the townships that these five were annexed to.