Was made a separate municipality in 1889. It adjoins Hazleton on the west, is one of the growing towns of this vicinity and is laying off new additions and grading and fixing its streets in fine order. A bus line, making half-hourly trips to and from the city, is one of its convenient institutions; has two hotels, five general stores. There is no danger of this place indulging, as a town, in one of those modern "squeezes" and hence it is destined to become a fashionable residence. There being no coal under the town there is therefore no danger of its ever being undermined.This Town History was donated by Jim Nagle.
© 1997-2010 by Mary Ann Lubinsky for the PAGenWeb Project, and by Individual Contributors
Back To Luzerne Genweb