STIVERS SCHOOL - Circa 1908
The first schoolhouse was a log cabin. It was replaced by this new school. This is a picture taken of the class in 1908. Miss Cora Jones was the teacher. The students were: Florence Thomas, Catherine Thomas, Beatrice Thompson, Jack Thompson, Donald Pettit, Dorothy Pettit, Margery Weyhenmeyer, Edwin Pettit, Fredrick Levinduski, Joseph Levinduski, Byron Meyers, Jack Emery, Clyde Jones, Lydia Jones, Myrtle Emery, Alice Frankinfield, James Frankinfield, Blanche Meyers, Myrtle Emery, Richard Meyers, Ruth Stivers, and Florence Stivers.
The schoolhouse was later made into a church.