Descendants of Jehiel and Hannah (Hill) Fuller: From Orphan Court records
All descendants of Jehiel and Hannah (Hill) Fuller are descendants of Mayflower passengers Edward Fuller, and John and Priscilla (Mullens) Alden. Jehiel and Hannah's direct Mayflower descents follow at the end of this article.
Jehiel Fuller died intestate16 July 1827 in Luzerne County, Penn. Approximately 10 years later, his family left Luzerne County, most of them migrating to west central Illinois, where they settled in Stark and Henry counties. Then, in 1848, the descendants of Jehiel and Hannah returned to Pennsylvania, where the new county of Wyoming had been established since Jehiel's death. There, they submitted an Orphan's Court petition to settle Jehiel's estate.
By filing this petition, the descendants left a clear and legal document by which descent from Jehiel and Hannah may be proved.
The descendants of Jehiel and Hannah listed in this document are:
1. Chauncey D. Fuller.
2. Jehiel Fuller, living Weathersfield Twp., Henry County, Ill.
3. Hannah Fuller, m. Virgil Pike, living in Franklin Twp., Stark Co., Ill.
4. Orange Fuller, deceased. His descendants are listed as:
a. Mahala Fuller, m. Lemuel Dorrance, living Franklin Twp., Stark Co., Ill. (She later moved to Texas and then, I believe, Oklahoma).
b. Chauncey D. Fuller, living Franklin Twp., Stark Co., Ill. (He later moved to Missouri).
c. Williston K. Fuller, living Franklin Twp. Stark Co., Ill.
d. Miles A. Fuller, living Franklin Co., Ill.
e. Benjamin F. Fuller, living Franklin Twp., Stark Co., Ill. (He later moved to Washington D.C. area.)
f. George Washington Fuller, minor, living in Stark County, Ill.
g. Ypislanti Fuller, minor, living Stark Co., Ill.
"All of whom are the children and heirs at law of the said Orange Fuller, deceased."
5. Ambrose Fuller, deceased. His survivors are listed as:
a. Ansel Fuller, living Weathersfield Twp., Henry Co., Ill.
b. Laton Fuller, living Osceola Twp., Stark Co., Ill.
c. Clinton Fuller, petitioner
d. Walter Fuller, living Osceola Twp., Stark Co, Ill.
e. Ionthy Fuller, living Osceola Twp., Stark Co., Ill.
f. Lucy M. Fuller, m. William Wallace Winslow (I have been told this is a Mayflower Winslow descent, but I don't know the particulars of the line.)
g. Hannah, minor, living Osceola Twp., Stark Co., Ill.
h. Melinda Fuller, minor, living Osceola Twp., Stark Co., Ill.
i. Nancy Fuller, minor, living Osceola Twp., Stark Co., Ill.
6. Henry H. Fuller, deceased. His survivors are listed as:
a. Nancy, m. Samuel Hunlock.
b. Caroline (no further information given)
c. Mary, m. William H. Butler, living Wyoming Twp., Stark Co., Ill.
d. Isaac, mariner, whereabouts unknown.
e. Jehiel, living Peru, Huron Co., Ohio.
f. Anson, living Peru, Huron Co., Ohio
g. Henry, Jr., minor, living Monroe Co., Penn.
Jehiel's Mayflower descent is as follows:
1. EDWARD FULLER, Mayflower passenger, believed to have been of Norfolk, England and was among the Brownists who emigrated to Lyden, Holland. Edward and his wife, who's name is not known, died the first winter after landing at Plymouth, Mass.
2. SAMUEL FULLER, Mayflower passenger, and son of Edward. Samuel was raised by his uncle, DR. SAMUEL FULLER, after Edward and his wife died in 1621. Samuel married JANE LATHROP, dau. of the Rev. JOHN LATHROP. He was among Plymouth residents who followed the Rev. Lathrop in establishing Scituate, Mass. and, later, Barnstable, Mass., where he died.
3. JOHN FULLER, son of Samuel, b. ca. 1656, Barnstable, Mass. d. prob. East Haddam, Conn. 28 Feb. 1725, m. ca. 1678 MEHITABLE ROWLEY, b. 11 June 1660, Barnstable, Mass., dau. of MOSES ROWLEY and ELIZABETH FULLER, d. East Haddam, Conn. 1732.
4. JOSEPH FULLER, son of John, b. East Haddam, Conn., 1 Mar. 1699, d. Kent, Conn. 19 July 1775, m. 22 Dec. 1722 LYDIA DAY, b. 11 Apr. 1698, d. 2 Nov. 1763, Kent, Conn., dau. of JOHN DAY, Jr.
5. JOSEPH FULLER II., son of Joseph, b. East Haddam/Colchester, Conn. ca. 1723, d., Huntsville, Penn. 13 July 1795, served as Captain in Revolutionary War, buried Centermoreland, Wyoming Co., Penn. m. Kent, Conn. 10 Aug. 1752 ZERVIAH HILL, b. Sherborn, Mass. 13, July 1732, dau. of SOLOMON HILL
6. JEHIEL FULLER, son of Joseph Fuller II, b. Kent, Conn. 15 Oct. 1763, d. 16 July 1827 Huntsville, Luzurne Co., Penn., buried Centermoreland, Wyoming Co., Penn. m. 1 Jan. 1789 HANNAH HILL, b. Saybrook, Conn. 6 Apr. 1767, d. 11 Nov. 1846, dau. of MICHAEL AND ANNA (GRINNELL) HILL.
Hannah's descent is as follows:
1. JOHN ALDEN, Mayflower cooper, m. PRISCILLA MULLENS, dau. of William Mullens, merchant and Mayflower passenger. He, his wife and a son all died the first winter after arriving at Plymouth, Mass.
2. ELIZABETH ALDEN, dau. of John and Priscilla (Mullens) Alden, d. 31 May 1717 Little Compton, R.I., m. WILLIAM PABODIE.
3. LYDIA PABODIE, dau. of William and Elizabeth (Alden) Pabodie, b. 3 Apr. 1667, Duxbury, Mass., d. 13 July, Saybrook, Conn., m. Daniel Grinnell ca. 1687, the son of Daniel Grinnell.
4. GEORGE GRINNELL, son of Daniel and Lydia (Pabodie) Grinnell, b. 12 Apr. 1702, Little Compton, R.I., d. Saybrook, Conn. 11 Nov 1759, m. 31 Jan. Saybrook, Conn. MARY BULL, dau. of Edward and Mary (Post) Bull.
5. ANNE GRINNELL, dau. of George and Lydia (Pabodie) Grinnell, b. 20 June 1734, Westbrook, Conn., d. 10 Jan. 1789, Sharon, Conn., m. ca. 1752 MICHAEL HILL, b. 1 Mar. 1723/24 Guilford, Conn., d. 10 Feb. 1791, Sharon, Conn.
6. HANNAH HILL, dau. of Michael and Anne (Grinnell) Hill, b. 5 Apr. 1767, Saybrook, Conn., d. 11 Nov. 1846, m. Jehiel Fuller, 1 Jan. 1787/89.
This page was typed by Martha Fuller
©1997-2018 by Mary Ann Lubinsky for the PAGenWeb Project, and by Individual
Back To Luzerne Genweb